Date(s) – 23/02/2021
10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact:
Hellas Maritime Academy of DNV GL
Vassilia Dimitrakou, Senior Advisor
Phone. : +302104100200
E-mail: [email protected]
This course is designed to provide the knowledge and expertise needed to plan and conduct combined audits when the usual lead auditor is unable to visit the vessel.
Within the framework of regulations and accepted auditing principles and guidelines, this course will present methodologies for conducting effective audits with alternative means.
Remote auditing principles and methods for implementing formal and informal auditing procedures will be reviewed and applied.
Participants will receive a good understanding of alternative and/or remote audit techniques and processes as well as the management of an internal audit program. They will also learn the role and importance of internal audit programs within the marine industry with respect to safety and quality management systems and learn about the requirements set out in the ISO 19011 standard for carrying out internal audits and verifications in an integrated management system.
In addition, techniques and tools for performing internal audits of the vessel remote management system in accordance with accepted auditing principles will be discussed.
- ISM/ISPS/MLC/ISO audit requirements
- Audit planning/ structuring
- Use of information available ashore
- Engage agents as an audit team
- Choose the “samples” and the auditees
- Notifications and communications
- Verification by file review
- Verification by interviews
- Verification via VDR
- Verification by photos and videos
- Verification by records
- Recording, reporting and follow-up of audits